My life told through fashion, food, music, art, love and a couple cocktails.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

EXPERIENCING THE STRIP CLUB

            I was watching a reality series called Bridezillas the other day. The fact that women sign up to go on national television and show the whole world how hateful they can be to their loved ones and strangers alike is a story all in itself. What caught my attention was a 23-year-old woman who was losing her mind because her fiancé was at a strip club for his bachelor party. These crazed women actually drove up to the club and demanded that he come outside and talk to her. I couldn’t stop watching; I could not believe what I was seeing. It got me to thinking about my first time going to one. I lived with my ex-boyfriend at the time and there were nights when he came home late, drunk and horny after the leaving the strip club. I can’t ever remember being upset that he had gone. For whatever reason that was something that never really bothered me. It was all the other extracurricular activity that did us in.
            One day I decided that I was taking my boyfriend to the strip club. I wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. After work I went to the bank and changed $100 dollars into singles (I couldn’t imagine giving away anymore than that). Later that night as I was getting ready he seemed a little nervous and me if I was sure I wanted to go. I was gung-ho and ready to see what it is he does when he’s out there. When we got there he took me to a table in the back and I had to ask him “When you come where do you usually sit?" When he answered “The bar” I walked straight towards it, had a seat, slapped my stack of singles on the counter and said “Do what you do." He then looked at me with this huge smile and said “You’re the best girlfriend ever!"
            From that night on we went to the strip club together often.  We went more than we went to dance clubs. It’s not that big of deal to me. I’m not a lesbian nor am I interested in women sexually what so ever; we just had fun. We had some of the realest conversations we could ever have with a chick upside down on a pole and Hennessy in our glass. I’ve had many a conversation with women who’ve said “I would never” and have such a problem with it. A lot of them seem to think that it’s a gateway for their men to cheat. I’ve told them the same way I wish I could have told the young lady from Bridezillas. If you can’t trust your man then you shouldn’t be with him. A strip club is a place of business; women get paid to dance topless (there is no full nudity in N.Y.). If you can’t trust your man to go to a place of business, enjoy himself and come home without incident then you need to re-evaluate the one your with. A strip club is not going to make your man cheat, hell you send your man out into the world everyday amongst women who can be so much more scandalous than any stripper and will gladly sleep with your man for free.
            I’m not trying to advocate strip clubs or say that it should replace quality time with your man; I’m just saying sometimes instead of dinner and a movie do drinks and the strip club. It’s not as bad as some women think; depending on which strip club you go to because you can mess around and go to a local hood bar and get traumatized for life. Please be selective and have an open mind. To this day I sometimes go with my brother or my homeboys. I’ve watched a lot of deals get made in that place and I for one would hate to miss out because of the so called “Boy’s Club."

Smooches…Ms. Milky Gabor

1 comment:

Amy LLoyd said...

Listen, what one woman won't do another one will. Let a man fantasize,because a relationship is based on trust, if you have years in God bless you, if you don't, God help you. These young women need to realize that the more you care, the less they care. Believe in yourself and your sensuality, because I do. I respect any woman that takes care of business, and if i am slipping, you can do what i don't. Thank you, because half the time i am taking care of me, i love the extra help. Get that money, I'm not mad at all.