My life told through fashion, food, music, art, love and a couple cocktails.

Monday, December 27, 2010

READY TO SUBMIT TO HIM?

       Lately I have been reflecting on my past relationships. I do this sometimes when I get into a funk about why I am single. I go over in my mind what I did right and wrong and how I can improve myself as a person. I thought about a request that I received more than once and that request was to be submissive. Let me start off by saying that under certain circumstances I can understand it. I have been told in the past that I am too head strong, too independent, that I have a cold heart. I was once told "I'm sorry Milk that I can't turn my feelings off and on like you." I have also been told that I need to be broken, like a horse (WOW! really dude). Those two comments were made by two different men that each requested I become submissive. I don't know what having a "cold heart" has to do with being submissive. I simply don't wear my heart on my sleeve.

       
       It has been from my experience and in my opinion that this request of submissiveness generally comes from men that are insecure within themselves for whatever reason. Either they have the Napoleanic complex, they don't make as much money as they want, they don't think they're attractive, they hate their mother or some other issue.


       When I say in certain situations that I can understand being submissive I mean when a fully secure man who is happy with himself in all aspects of his life or at least somewhat satisfied is posing the request. How do you know when a man is fully secure within himself? He won't ask you, you just will because you want to.


       I'm still a little a fuzzy on exactly how submissive I should be and when. I had one former lover tell me I could do whatever I wanted in all areas of our relationship except in the bedroom. I was completely on board with that and had no problem with it being the lazy lover I can sometimes be. That is not what my last lover wanted, he wanted to fully control me. So on my quest to try and figure this all out I took to the dictionary to get a clear understanding of the word by definition. 
Submissive: inclined or ready to submit; unresistingly or humbly obedient: submissive servants. Synonym: 1. tractable, compliant, pliant, amenable. 2. passive, resigned, patient, docile, tame, subdued. Clearly from what I've been told I'm working from the Antonym system of 1. rebellious, disobedient. I honestly don't think that's an accurate depiction of my behavior. I am more than happy to be a demure woman and allow you to open my door, pick up the check, receive gifts and all that other good stuff. In the same token I have no problem with picking up the check every once and a while, cooking, cleaning, presenting gifts and occassionally performing  a pole dance or two.


         Here's the thing, I simply have a problem with a man coming in the game in the ninth inning when everything that's done for me is by me without him putting work or time in and making demands or shall we say "requests". You can't just come at me requesting that I become submissive because you want to control me, feed a fetish or whatever the reason is. God knows I love being a woman with everything pink, sparkly and fluffy. I would love for someone to come in and take control of things but right now my go hard is serious and I need to be suited and booted in my ALL BLACK EVERYTHING.


Ladies are you submissive? Is it by will or request? Do any of you men want this and if so what is the reason by it?


Smooches...Ms. Milky Gabor

No comments: