My life told through fashion, food, music, art, love and a couple cocktails.

Friday, February 18, 2011

MILKY'S SPOTLIGHT: PATRICIA FIELD

Photo: Fashionindie.com


Patricia Field is known to many for her great work on HBO's Sex in the City but believe me she is so much more. Patricia is a native New Yorker and one of fashions greatest visionaries. She is an Academy Award nominated, Emmy award winning film and television Costume Designer and a boutique owner with her own clothing label.

I had the true pleasure of working with Patricia Field's team on the Keith Haring by House of Field The Paradise Garage Collection during Fashion Week 2010.


She was telling me I was fabulous! I LIVE!
 Patricia received critical praise and raised the standards for the world of television glamour when she costumed HBO's Sex in the City, the most fashionable show in television history. She is a true pioneer who has brought forth a new style of dressing to American women and has stimulated an entire fashion movement throughout the world.


Patricia began her career with the opening of her Greenwich Village boutique in 1966. For over 40 years this downtown institution has been an internationally known favorite of celebrities, in the know "scenesters" and the fashion forward. It has been a defining factor in the urban style of New York's glittery nightlife, and helped to launch the careers of many innovative young designers and stylists.

I have been shopping at Patricia Field since I was in High School. I remember going into her boutique and seeing her behind the counter helping customers. I was in awe at this Fashion Icon who was so down to earth. I would always stop in hoping to get a glimpse of her so I could tell my friends I saw her. Going to Patricia Field is always an experience, but if you can't stop by you can always shop on line. Check out some of my cute finds.

Woman of Style Tee $46




Gerlan Letter Print
Lola Tie Jeans $198



 Big Bow Babe Tee $46




 Marilyn Liberty Tank $33



One Stylish Bitch Tee $24




Square Rhinestone Clutch $40





Keith Haring by Patricia Field Sequin 3 Eyed Tote $120



 Patricia Field for MCM Medium Reversible Shopper Tote $550

As seen on Beyonce


PATRICIA FIELD
302 Bowery
New York, NY 10012
(212) 966-4066
official website



Patricia Field Bio @ [Patricia Field]

No comments: