My life told through fashion, food, music, art, love and a couple cocktails.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

NIVEA THIS AD IS A BIT MUCH!


My twitter time line was in a tizzy this morning in regards to this Nivea ad, so of course I had to find it and give my thoughts. Now I'm not sure exactly what it is that Nivea wanted to get across but it came off as offensive as hell to me. The caption says "RE-CIVILIZE YOURSELF", "LOOK LIKE YOU GIVE A DAMN". Are they saying that if a black man has an afro with a mustache and goatee he may very well be a savage? I am thoroughly offended and would like for the marketing team over at Nivea to hit me up and explain to me what this is suppose to mean. Well it doesn't have to be me alone but an explanation is definitely in order and I'm almost sure an apology should follow.

No comments: