My life told through fashion, food, music, art, love and a couple cocktails.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

REALLY? HORSE HOOF SHOES...




I haven't seen anything more ridiculous, this is just damn dumb. Apparently back in March Betfair commissioned a team of fashion designers to create something special for Cheltenham National Hunt Festival's 100th anniversary, so they made these horse hoof shoes, which Betfair describes as "the perfect accessory for racing fans who want to stand out from the crowd".

Each of the three pairs of ankle and knee-length hoof shoes will sell for about $2,080. The proceeds will go to the Prostate Cancer Charity. The hooves were made of carbon fiber, about 500 of the hairs on the shoes are natural horse hairs. louise Dainton is the model who wore them on a catwalk and she described them as very comfortable. 

Really, seriously? Where do you wear these, on what occassion? I'm sorry but you couldn't pay me $2,080 to wear these bullshit shoes on my feet out in public or in the privacy of my own home; but hey to each his own.

Source: [LuxedB]

No comments: